Amchur is a dry mango pulp-based spice that is powdered. When the fresh fruit is out of season, the powder keeps the distinctive mango’s acidic, tart, and spicy flavour, giving your curries a mouth-watering flavour and adding mango’s nutritious advantages.It can be used to add sourness to Pani puri and many kinds of chutneys.
Amchur Powder, as its name suggests, is a fine powder prepared from dried raw mangoes. This organic amchur powder is made by a simple but drawn-out method. The first step is to gather the best green, unripe, and early-season mangoes. The mangoes are peeled, cut thinly like chips, then sun-dried after being picked.
After the mangoes are dried, they are processed in a wooden hand mill by being consistently pounded without the use of any heat or chemicals. Furthermore, this organic amchur powder is made in a hygienic manner to guarantee that all of the mangoes’ vitamins and nutrients are preserved. One of the earliest techniques for preparing spices is pounding. Using this technique, the spices are softly pounded in a wooden mortar to preserve their flavour, aroma, and nutrition. As a wooden pestle doesn’t generate more heat, it helps preserve the naturalness and chemical-free status of spices while maintaining their authenticity. Thus, our hand-pounded amchur powder will enhance the flavour, colour, and scent of your dishes while providing a plethora of health advantages.
On the other hand, amchur powder, available at your local grocery store, is not a serious recipe. They are ground in large machines that rob the spice of its authentic taste and aroma. This is because these commercial grinders used to stir mangoes generate excessive heat that robs the spice of all its nutritional value. Also, many chemicals and preservatives are added to the powder and do not add any taste or flavour to the dish.
Therefore, in order to protect nature and its resources for future generations, it is necessary to choose the right kind of spices prepared in an environmentally friendly way.
Uses of Amchur Powder:
- It will be best blended with different kinds of curries like dal, sambhar, vegetable gravies, pulses gravies, red gravies, etc.
- You can also add a dash of our authentic Amchur powder in various chutneys, soups, and marinades. Its sweet and sour flavour will enhance your dish and offer you a tangy flavour.
- It will impart good taste if added to kebabs or barbequed items as well as biryani.
- It can also be used to add flavour to routine veggies and sliced fruits.
- You can also add or sprinkle the amchur powder in various chaat items like sev puri, pani puri, bhel, and so forth.